sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Missing Bones

T MAC

I am trying to work through the SHOW SOME BACK BONE tut. I follow along with the online video tut, but when I open the 2001 Skeleton rig, there are bones missing.

Also during the video tut, when the instructor clicks on groups of bones, the grouping bracket that comes up looks like a little reel to reel tape recorder. That bracket does not come up for me when I click on different bone groups.

Can anyone help me out?

I am using version 13.01

Thanks in advance!

T MAC

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney, I think maybe when updating to newer versions, something happened where the skeleton has some of its bones hidden. All one has to do is unhide the bones. I don't know why they defaulted to hidden view, but it maybe something worth fixing or updating the tutorial to illustrate hiding bones.?

• Admin

Dhar,

You are right and in the exercise thread this is discovered (and rediscovered) several times by different people.

I know I should just collect all that information into a handy dandy easy to read location but... not sure if anyone would read it anyway. ;)

In the meantime the information is there in the Exercise 13: Show Some Backbone thread.

In that thread John Booker suggests the following as optimum to turn on in the thread linked above.

Linked image:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=A...st&id=15677