Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

width and height

Lilchit

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pixelation cannot comes directly from the Mini setting. I think either you scale it after to fit the "1.5in high and 2.5in wide" you want, or you use a compressor with inadequate settings. Are you rendering a still or a movie clip?

One thing about the "1.5in high and 2.5in wide". This is relative to your monitor. Let's say I have a monitor 20inch wide, and that I run this monitor at 1600 X 1200 resolution. To get the 2.5inch wide, I will have to render my clip at 200 pixel wide (2.5 X 1600 / 20).

Of course, if another user see that same clip on the same 20inch wide monitor, but his monitor resolution is set to 800 X 600, then the clip will appear 5inch wide to him.

On MY monitor, with MY resolution setting, what you ask would be something like 200 X 120 (width X height). I guess it would look about 2.5in wide X 1.5n high for a lot of people at that rez. Working with inch for render that goes on screen is a bit counter-intuitive though.

You need to activate the custom-size-feature. There you will be able to tell A:M exactly how big your output-image/animation should be.

Type in what you need and do it again. Best would be, to render TGAs out and than make an animation of it with a cut-program or with A:M.

That will give you full resolution without losing any quality and you can play with the compressor-settings.

It is possible, that you need to activate the "advanced"-option at the rendering-settings under the OK-button.

*Fuchur*