Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Releasing old stuff

This is purely for entertainment value if there is any. It's around 4mb and wmv format. I did this around two years ago using a couple of donated models from the cd and a few of my own. It was really my first little story animation. You'll notice changing shirt colors, breaking mesh, and flickering probably among other things so I'm not really looking for critiques. Just if you're bored on a Sunday afternoon.

The Pizza experience

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really good - amazing for a first piece because it has a lot of depth, complexity - yes a little crude in terms of a finished piece - but your story, acting, camera work are very interesting - and you handled so much detail - Do you come from a film background?

You should animate a scene or two on TWO and see if you like it.

Let me see if I can pull off a couple of effects first. I may not even be able to understand the Dot project thing (I'm getting there).

happy birthday

I had forgotten until my wife called me up an hour before your post. I think she's going to get me an ironing board. Thankyou.

Do you come from a film background?

I took an acting class in college. Does that count? It's mostly from observing films, different camera angles - wondering why a director might have a close up of boots walking accross the floor board etc. I've noticed, for example, in Lord of the Rings movies, they like to have extreme close up shots of the actors faces. So I queston why and I figure that they want to focus directly on facial expressions, which turns out to be stern on every shot by the way. I think I'm actually just a copycat mostly with no original thought. Even that animation piece mirrored a true event. I used to own that pizza place and I had to deal with that customer on a continual basis. At one point he came up behind me and put me in a headlock and said, "You know what you did". I have no idea what delusional thing I did in his mind.

I think I'm actually just a copycat mostly with no original thought. Even that animation piece mirrored a true event.

I think it's more that you are an excellent observer, rather than copycat - This is both exhibited in this piece as well as in the pieces you've done with water effects.

The originality comes in your awareness & insight in animating a real situation - not everyone realizes that life experiences, and real people behavior is very interesting - people can relate to it - comics know this intimately and so do film makers & novelists.

• Hash Fellow

That's a fine new user piece! You shouldn't have waited two years to show it.

Some of the timing is quite good; enough that I had the sense that good judgement was going into it.

And when it wasn't working so well it probably because it was a very difficult thing you were trying to do.

Story-wise I'm not sure I "got it" but it was fun to watch.