sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Excercise 13: Show some Backbone

Wizaerd

I'm doing Excercise 13, in fact this is the 4th time I've atempted it, and I keep getting the same results. Everything works great until I create a new Action, and turn the IK Arms Setup, Thoims right arms twists up. As I stated, I've gone through the excercise 4 times, and each time, his right arm twists up, and it twists up in the same way.

So what have I missed?

post-9553-1154988713_thumb.jpg

Warehouse.txt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's tough to tell from just the image, if you posted the rigged model it would be a help in deciphering it.

Sorry, guess I should've explained, the attached warehouse.txt is the actual project file, with the model inside of it (I believe)... I had to rename it to .txt because the forum wouldn't allow me to upload a .prj file...

[EDIT]

BTW, while in the action window, making sure I was at frame 00:00:00, I just re-posed it, and have since tested other actions and it appears to work as expected... So other than not knowing why it twisted up like that, I can keep progressing...

Oh! I was looking in the post where you mentioned it...I'll take a look.

------------------------------------

EDIT

The "New Employee.mdl" isn't in the project, just "Warehouse outside" and "ground" models.

Oh! I was looking in the post where you mentioned it...I'll take a look.

EDIT

The "New Employee.mdl" isn't in the project, just "Warehouse outside" and "ground" models.

Hmmm, I thought models were saved in the project files... I suppose since I did a "save as" for it, it doesn't get included anymore... I've already corrected it, and have moved on, but I'll redo the excercise again tonight to see if I get the same results...

Thanx for your help...

• Admin
Hmmm, I thought models were saved in the project files... I suppose since I did a "save as" for it, it doesn't get included anymore... I've already corrected it, and have moved on, but I'll redo the excercise again tonight to see if I get the same results...

Models (and other resources) won't be saved internally in a Project automatically. You have to tell A:M to do this.

To save a model in a project you'll need to embed the files. This can be accomplished individually in the PWS at each resource or for all resources (except images which will remain external) go to Project/Embed All and then save your Project.

It's not a bad idea to still save models separately from the project from time to time.

Just right click on the model and Save As.

Then make sure you Embed All before you save the project again.