EXERCISE 10 - Can't get the decal to apply

shannon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps to hide everything you don't want the decal on, and make sure what you DO want it on is unlocked. I find tga.s work better than jpegs. Could be it's THERE but your graphics card is not displaying it. Try a test render (shiftQ)

It helps to hide everything you don't want the decal on, and make sure what you DO want it on is unlocked. I find tga.s work better than jpegs. Could be it's THERE but your graphics card is not displaying it. Try a test render (shiftQ)

I DO HAVE EVERYTHING HIDDEN. I DID WHAT YOU SUGGESTED AND WHEN I DID THE RENDER IT WAS APPLIED BUT WHEN I SWITCHED TO BIRDS EYE VIEW THE DECAL DID NOT MOVE WITH THE BODY...DOES THAT MATTER??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Are you working in wireframe mode? If so, try doing a Quick Render - hit the Q key and then click in your model's window. Do you see the decal there?

(Please find your Caps Lock key and use it - when you write in all capitals it makes me think that YOU'RE SHOUTING!)

Try pressing Control and D together. It activates the decals. Though you should see them in a render still. If that's not it, I suggest posting a screenshot of the problem.

(Please find your Caps Lock key and use it - when you write in all capitals it makes me think that YOU'RE SHOUTING!)

BOY ARE WE SENSITIVE!!! Just Kidding...Yes the decal is there when I do a quick render. Thanks for the tip Ctrl D did it.

• Admin
BOY ARE WE SENSITIVE!!! Just Kidding...Yes the decal is there when I do a quick render. Thanks for the tip Ctrl D did it.

Its amazing... but rarely amusing... when people post in all caps.

all lower case is just weird but then we've got a lot of artists hanging out around here.

That you take it all in stride and adjust tells us you are here for the duration.

Glad to have you with us and that you are finding answers to your questions.

Keep those questions coming. :)