Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

copy/flip/attach issue

• *A:M User*

OK

sorry to be a pest....

I read the help file on this, I followed the directions but there must be something I'm missing because while I am getting the mirroed part that I want, it is not attaching.

I am working in front view, its mirroring along the y-axis properly, but does not attach. I am grouping the left half of the body, then right click, choose CFA, and I get the mirrored part but it doesn't attach.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Do I have to move the pivot?

thanks in advance

Roger

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After you select the group you want to CFA, select one of the splines along the Y axis (shift click between two points on one of the Y axis splines) I have found it also helps to have the center (to be) very close to the central axis line.

That may help, or I'm talking out my butt 'cause I'm not 100% certain that's the whole solution.

EXACTLY on the y axis? Jebus. OK, I'll try that.

Also, is that a shift left-click or shift right click? I guess I'll try both and find out.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Roger

EXACTLY on the y axis? Jebus. OK, I'll try that.

Also, is that a shift left-click or shift right click? I guess I'll try both and find out.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Roger

Ok, I moved it onto the y axis. The first time after that I shift left clicked on one of the splines, then right clicked inside the bounding box of the group selection and hit CFA. It worked, only the wrong way. Instead of taking to body halves and joining them, it created another half body and joined it at the neck. So, it was mirrored the wrong way. Not sure what I did there.

I tried again but now I get what I was getting before, mirrors correctly but doesn't attach.

Do I need to move the pivot point at all?

Moving the pivot also has worked in certain instances, i read it in a tute but can't remember where.

was the spline you selected (shift left click) on the Y axis or did you click near the neck where the selected spline may have been along the x axis?

That's all I can think of... Kens a far better modeler... as is rusty... maybe they can help

Moving the pivot also has worked in certain instances, i read it in a tute but can't remember where.

was the spline you selected (shift left click) on the Y axis or did you click near the neck where the selected spline may have been along the x axis?

That's all I can think of... Kens a far better modeler... as is rusty... maybe they can help

I suppose that is a possibility, I'll keep futzing with it. Just now I posted a rough draft of the main character,

I just sort of faked things by putting them close enough together. Of course I wil have to change that in order to be able to animate him.

I suppose that is a possibility, I'll keep futzing with it. Just now I posted a rough draft of the main character,

I just sort of faked things by putting them close enough together. Of course I wil have to change that in order to be able to animate him.

Ok I have the copy flip attach issue sorted thanks to Eric2575..... thanks to everyone else that chipped in.

Roger

BTW if anyone is interested in the solution, I can post it, or PM me and I can send it to you.

I felt that it is more clear than what is in the help file.

Roger

One way you can make sure your cps are centered along an axis:

Example

Make sure your in the front view

Select all cps in the center of the model. If its a face it will be all cps in the x-axis starting from the bottom and going to the top

open the properties and in the scale part select the x-axis and enter 0% and press enter

All cps will be centered along the x-axis

press the '/' key to select the entire model, C/F/A

This should take care of the problem

Sometimes I have to just flip the model along the y-axis and then preform a C/F/A

Just some ways I go about doing a C/F/A

• Admin

Not to confuse anyone but centering along the X axis isn't a absolute requirement for C/F/A.

Having all CPs aligned... in whatever axis you choose to C/F/A in... will yield the best results.

There were a couple video tutorials that demonstrated this but they are gone now; victims of website updating I think. Ken Heslip's C/F/A is still in the Tutorials area. I think his stays on the X axis though.