sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fusing Verticies

eptigo

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe so. Maybe there's a free plugin. But really that tool is meant for the poly way of thinking. With splines, there are so few that it's just as easy to "weld" them by hand.

While such a tool would be nice to have, it would be used so little as to not make it worthwhile.

ok, im back ^^;;

The reason why I usually end up needing to fuse verticies is because often ive been modelling certain kinds of models which require me to copy/flip/attatch one side of the model to the other

But the copy/flip/attach function doesn’t always work the way I want it to. Sometimes it works on the wrong axis, and sometimes it fails to fuse all the vertices leaving gaps in the middle (this is obviously a result of the vertices not being properly aligned in the center)

So I often find it easier to just do it manually as opposed to getting the copy/flip/attach function to work properly

If there were some sort of wield nearby vertices function, it would make patching up those gaps faster and easier than doing it manually. I don’t know how the majority of the users feel about it, but I know that I would find the function practical and useful

http://emar0.angeltowns.com/misc/breasts_test_00.jpg

i was trying to model this girls breasts ... i find it difficult to model these, any suggestions anyone???

If this is needed mainly for copy/flip/attach... you may want to "practice" that technique to get it right.

I use CFA all the time and it works for me. It can be a bit picky but once you get the hang of it you will find it works great 99.9% of the time (for me I allowed a .1% failure rate for when I try modeling while drunk or sleep deprived).

As for scaling the "center" spline before CFA... just select that whole spline, set the pivot to zero on the axis of the flip and scale to zero on that axis. The half model "center" spline must be on the zero axis.

The CFA should not leave gaps if this is done properly.

I also find that some "odd" splines connect in the wrong place (3 point patches... dead end splines... odd things to begin with actually).

Those can be disconnected and reconnected... this is easier than attaching ALL the splines.

The flipping on the wrong axis... I use to get that all the time... I don't remember what I started doing differently... but I don't get it any more... well... once in a blue moon.

-Vern

• Hash Fellow

does anyone else have any suggestions in regards to getting the C/F/A

to function on the correct axis?

After you draw a bounding box around the splines you want to C/F/A... shift select a CP that is on the axis you want to flip over