Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Starting Actions on Specific Frames / Transitioning Between Actions...

Laconic

Hello,

I've been creating actions for the figure I've created, and I am now practicing stringing them together in a choreography. Two problems I'm having:

1) I'd like to move to a frame, say frame 00:01:00 and have all action start there. When I move the frame counter to 00:01:00 and drag an action onto my character, however, the action starts at 00:00:00 and not the place that I'd like it to.

2) I've added an action to a choregoraphy and it ends at 00:01:00 I want the next action to begin at 00:01:10 with a blend in the intermittent frames. Again, when I set the frame counter to 00:01:10, and the last action ended at 00:01:00, the program ignores the ten frames I created between actions and the new action starts at 00:01:01 instead of 00:01:10.

I hope I'm clear. How can I fix these frame/action concerns?

Thanks!

Tim

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I'd like to move to a frame, say frame 00:01:00 and have all action start there. When I move the frame counter to 00:01:00 and drag an action onto my character, however, the action starts at 00:00:00 and not the place that I'd like it to.
There are two ways to accomplish this:

1. Show the Timeline (View menu). Select your action. Observe the long red bar in the timeline alongside the action. The bar is as long as the action. Click and drag that bar to the right until it starts where you want it to.

2. If you don't have it set, select to show the Advanced Properties triangle (Tools->Options menu). Select your action. Notice the small triangle on the action. Click the triangle - it will rotate to point downwards, and the action will expand to show its parameters. Tweak these until you are happy.

It's been a while since I last played with action transitions so, as I'm not at my A:M computer at the moment, I'll not risk telling you lies for your second question...

Transition to next action is a check box in the 'shortcut' to actions properties. After you drag and drop your action on to a model in the chor, you'll find this in the action's properties in the properties pane. You'll also find controls for when it starts and stops in the chor along with other stuff.

Cheers,

Rusty

• 3 weeks later...

I'm too much of a beginner and still lost on many things....

this is what's happening.....

I have a character walking with the default "resolute walk" action which is set from frame 0:00 to 5:25.....

I then add another action to this character to start at 5:26 and once I scroll my timeline my character gets messed up..... I found that what happened is that the "choreography Action 1" (which appeared when I constrained my character to walk on a path) gets this properties on the bones subfolder I found out deleting them restores my character to normal but if I scroll the timeline again they appear again and my character gets "twisted" again.

How do I avoid this properties from automatically appearing in this choreograpy action ????

I don't know if I explained myself right.....

hope anyone can help