Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

hello!

aibocyrus

just wanted to say hi to everyone! im brand new to all of this!! i was amazed when i foun A:M! i couldnt help my self and ordered it the day after i discovered it. i had to take the 330$ out of my segway savings to get it...

im really excited to have it arrive on monday!

i just have a few questions for you all...

1. im 15...so how well do you think i will do using it?

2. you can create your own people...cant you?

3. what is the maximum length you can create movies?

4. how long does it generally take to get the hang of A:M?

thank you very much and i look forward to my animation journeys ahead!

cyrus

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyrus,

Getting Am is a very good first step in learning animation and creating your own animations. There are very few limits to how well you will do.....it is more the fact the more you put in the more you will get out of it. It is up to you completely. Yes you have the ability to make your own characters and make your own movies of any length but be realistic at the beginning. Do all the turtorials in the manual. And really do them dont skimp ...take shortcuts......in fact do some over and over.

As you are doing these tutorials have some fun and play with the many models that come with am..it all adds up to your collective knowledge.

AM is very very complete. and yes that does mean a lot of things to learn.....but take your time. Step by Step.

You have a great tray of fine brushes and tubes of paint in front of you (Animation Master)......they are tools......But it is the skill to use them that takes time...and practice practice practice..........but if you work at it .....you will make your character and your story ........

Welcome Aboard!

:D

Welcome Cyrus. Motility pretty much said it all. You have to take your time, but once you get the hang of it, anything is possible. You might want to check out Anzovin Studios. They have a store that sells all kinds of training cd's for A:M. I have most of them and continue to use them even now as reference. Sometimes when your working on something you can forget, so you need a little refresher. Here's the link to the store. http://www.rafhashvideotapes.com/

Hope this helps

Welcome and to answer your questions directly:

1) There are 13 year olds using AM quite successfully. So I've no doubt you'll get the hang of it. Though it may not be quick, stick at it.

2) Yes...and texture, animate and render them.

3) As long as you have patience, time and talent to put into a movie, AM can handle it.

4) If you do the exercises in the manual, it'll speed up your progress. Generally, it takes two months (give or take 6 months) to get something half decent on your own.

thank you guys so much! i actually woke up this morning and immediatly got onto hash.com and watched almost all of the video tutorials! haha. i am really excited for the package to come! i will deffinately do all of the tutorials because i want to be able to use the software to the fullest! thanks again guys!!! and im really excited to be here!!!

cyrus

hey cyrus! welcome to animation! i'm 13 and there are a couple of people around ur age that are really learning this stuff early. TRUST ME... some of the tutorials are hard and you will feel like you wanna rip all the hair of of your head but come back here and post a topic and a lot of experts will be there to help you!!! Again welcome!

thank you guys!! i have been trying some of the tutorials..and went back and did a couple again, but i have just mainly been goofing around...and i am picking things up! so yea...i pretty much knew it was going to be very hard...but not THIS hard. i am starting to understand things better everyday. but i do have a question for anyone willing to answere...

my animations arent going correctly! i will set something to happen at a certain time usually later in the animation...but the extrimity will begin moving way before it is supposed to! what is wrong? anyone know?!?!?

thank you all again!

cyrus