New user

Steven2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about buying A:M for a dinosaur movie I have in the works. Is this software good for that, and how hard would it be exactly.
How hard it will be depends upon so many things. Your aptitude for learning this software, and your prior ability in animation, lighting, shading, etc., what kind of end result you'll be happy with, and so much more. Add to that your ability to write a good script/storyboard. Any idea how long a piece of string is, exactly?

I've been playing with this software for years and have barely managed to get a mattress walking and talking, and a nondescript guy staring blankly into the corner of a room. In the meantime others have produced movies of unutterable grace and style. The software is a tool, and it can do fabulous things, but how good the results are depend on your abilities, and we don't know what they are yet, so we can't answer your question yet.

PS: Dont show me the t-rex chasing a car video, ive seen it!
Is that the quality you want?

There are many dinosaur models included. Some you may want, some you may not.

To model your own, you will need good rotoscopes of the ones you want or at the very least, a good mind's eye and experience modeling with A:M.

Best answer is 'yes, A:M is good for making a dinosaur movie' with this caveat... you must learn the software. As was stated, it's just a tool. Get good with the tool, and put in some hard work and you can do just about anything with it... CG wise that is.