Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I need help

T MAC

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! This is the response I've been wanting!

Hey Guys, thanks so much! Here is what I sent to support@hash...

I have had AM for about two weeks now and I am having

a lot of problems with some of the models disappearing

from the project screen. This happens once I load some

models and use the turn, size or any other adjustment

to alter the view on the model.

When I load Hero Dude, change to shaded view then try

to turn him, everything but his hair and eyes vanish.

Lady Goodbody's dress and hands vanish.

Lambrina's bikini top vanishes and there are open

holes where her nipples should be.

When I drop in Sir Nigel, he has a white patch in

front of his eyes and he has long hair. I kept hacking

around and found that if I double click his eyebrows

decal, click the selected tab, click the + icon, click

the + by images and double click the oldman eyebrows

under images, then he will look normal.

When I try to load some combinations of models into a

project, one or both of them will vanish.

I also posted this problem on the forum and it seems

others have had this happen also.

Also, when I try to create a new sign in for the

Animation Master Community window and try to log in, a

prompt comes up saying (Sign in name does not exist)

All these things are making my learning experience

very frustrating. So, I will appreciate any help you

can give me.

Thanks!

my system:

ACPI Multiprocessor PC

Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002

3.2 gigahertz processor

512 megs of RAM

display adaptor : Radeon X700 Pro

running dual monitors

By direction of one the guys at your support phone

number, in options I changed the real-time driver to

Direct3D v8. This was due to the fact that when I

started AM, I could not get the stage window to come up.

• Hash Fellow

Everyone together.... Update your video card drivers!

it might help. If it doesn't, no harm done... usually.

What version of A:M are you using? including the letter on the end "11.1i" or "12.0s"... like that

AM version: 12.0n+

I will try an reinstall tomorrow.

I will also try to update drivers.

It's late here on the East Coast. I am going to hit the sack and try to touch base you all tomorrow if you are around.

Thank you guys for the quick response. I was starting to have second thoughts.

One more thing, do you all use the community window on the AM project screen, or do you just discuss matters here?

T MAC

1. problems with some of the models disappearing from the project screen. This happens once I load some

models and use the turn, size or any other adjustment to alter the view on the model.

1a. Hero Dude, change to shaded view then try to turn him, everything but his hair and eyes vanish.

1b. Lady Goodbody's ...

1c. Lambrina's bikini top...

1d. ...Sir Nigel...

2. When I try to load some combinations of models into a project...

3. Also, when I try to create a new sign in for the Animation Master Community....

4. All these things are making my learning experience very frustrating. So, I will appreciate any help you

can give me.

Thanks!

my system:

ACPI Multiprocessor PC

Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002

3.2 gigahertz processor

5. 512 megs of RAM

display adaptor : Radeon X700 Pro

6. running dual monitors

By direction of one the guys at support ... I changed the real-time driver to Direct3D v8. This was due to the fact that when I started AM, I could not get the stage window to come up.

1&1a-1d load one character into a model window.... not a choreography. Use the 8, 9 and zero keys at the top of the keyboard (not the NUM PAD numbers) to change from wire to shaded to shaded wire. Use the num pad numbers 2, 4 and 7 to see front, left, and birds eye views of the character in each mode (wire, shaded, shaded wire)... is everything working? Okay, now in wire mode birdseye select one control point near the center of the model it will turn green. Press the T key on your keyboard. slowly click the left mouse button and drag around the screen S-L-O-W-L-Y. The model should stay on screen (for the most part). once you have selected the point and start draging the character around, you can press the 8, 9, or zero keys on the top of the keyboard without releasing the mouse button and change view modes. once you can see what you want... you can press the page up and page down keys to change the resolution of the character this will make the character smoother or "rougher". Does all that seem to work?

2. Loading models into a project you may see the different models names at the bottom of the screen as file folder like tabs... or are you loading them all into one model window? Or are you putting them all in a choreography? If you are loading them all into a single model window... that may be the problem. if you are loading them all into a choreography, leave them in wire frame mode and fender to a tga file... do you see them in the render as they should be? If not, the problem may be #5 or #6 but I am not sure since I have 1 gig or ram and only one monitor.

3. I'm still having that problem too.... but you can always log in here and see the same stuff (pretty much), without over using RAM resources (I'm pretty sure).

4. I'm sure you are frustrated but there are no quick fixes or instant animator pills available.... so if you haven't even tried the excercises in the Art of Animation Master that came with your software, then slow down and start doing that... then you'll be better prepared to be on your way.....

Okay... I've got cramps in my fingers from typing so much.... try these things and let us know... we all use the software and are not currently having all the problems you are.... though many of us were just as anxious to get going with it....

And make certain you have the lates video drivers for your video card as mentioned above....

keep us posted!

Also, when I try to create a new sign in for the

Animation Master Community window and try to log in, a

prompt comes up saying (Sign in name does not exist)

This may or may not solve the problem, but, it's what I've experienced...AM Community only works correctly for me (under Windows...because that's how I roll) if Internet Explorer is set as the default browser. That's the error that I get if that is not the case...I use Firefox except for when I visit the community window.

Hope that helps.

Hey oakchas,

I'm finally back. Had a commercial shoot about 80 miles from here today.

First, I am going to try and download 12.0s. Then I will pursue the latest driver updates.

Back in a few...

OK, downloaded the update from AM. Checked the (About Animation Master 2005) window and it says version 12.0t instead of 12.0s. Is this correct?

T MAC