Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can't get rid of FOG...

Kelley

All the advice I've been getting is starting to bear fruit. The fish is attached to its own path, and an Action has been applied, and he swims and move his fins. But...it's this damned fog! I want some, but when he swims to the back of the circular loop, he disappears. I only have one camera, and I found the Fog settings. I punched in numbers repeatedly and nothing changed. Then I enabled IGNORE FOG. [ON] No change. Then I turned fog itself to OFF. No change. So...where's this fog coming from? [Thanks].[attachmentid=13144]

FISH_IN_THE_FOG_question.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I'll bet that actually looks cool... swimming into the background and fading into it like that.

At any rate...

There are three places where you can find Fog settings; the individual camera, the Render Options panel and in [TOOLS][Options] on the Rendering tab. You'll want to check both of those to make sure you haven't somehow turned one on.

Rodney

Edit: There are (at least!?!) three places not two. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by Rodney

Is this an actual model? Or is it an image applied to a patch? It might have something to do with transparency....either on the model/patch or image if it's an image. Look in the properties of all these things.

I'll bet that actually looks cool... swimming into the background and fading into it like that.

At any rate...

There are three places where you can find Fog settings; the individual camera, the Render Options panel and in [TOOLS][Options] on the Rendering tab. You'll want to check both of those to make sure you haven't somehow turned one on.

Rodney

Edit: There are (at least!?!) three places not two. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks Rodney...I'll check these out. Actually, the overall effect is not unpleasing, it's just that there's too much of it. I need to cut back on the amount of fog. Thanks again.

Is this an actual model? Or is it an image applied to a patch? It might have something to do with transparency....either on the model/patch or image if it's an image. Look in the properties of all these things.

Ken: yes, it is an actual model. The problem is not 'seeing through', but the fact that it swims off into the background and disappears. While I'll check out the settings that Rodney suggested, I ran into difficulties with key frames [which refused to delete] so I deleted the camera and inserted a new one. The new one has no fog settings, and I can see forever. Thanks.

In following up Rodney's leads, I discovered that the Tools>Options>Rendering Tab was the one that paid off big-time. It's there that you can enter Start and Stop distances which seem to override the other possible settings.[attachmentid=13185]

FISH_environment_04.jpg