Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Displaying bezier points on a path...

Kelley

I'm building my first path, but one of the points developed a kink where I want it smooth. I found the path in the PWS Choreograhy list, I've got it selected with a yellow box...but how to display the CP that I need to fix?[attachmentid=13115]

PATH_POINTS_QUESTION.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

In a Choreography window you can go into Modeling mode by clicking on the appropriate icon on the menu.

Then you can adjust the path from there. You won't have all of the same modeling tools in the Choreography as you would if the path were treated as a straight model.

Did you draw this path in the Choreography (I assume you did)?

You can toggle on the Bias handles too but I'm not sure how that works with a straight Path (if at all).

Often I like to draw a path as a model, drop it into the choreography and then edit in either the modeling window or Choreography. I feel it gives me more control over the path.

Rodney

Thanks guys for the help. [tho' Muscle Mode is way beyond me at the moment.] It turns out that the path kinked because there were two points on top of each other.

As a secondary problem, my fish seems to have attached itself to the wrong end of the path. I sought to solve this by rotating the fish to face in the other direction. Easier said than done. I can't get the colored circles to appear for the Rotational Tool, and when I punch in numbers on the Properties Window the fish tumbles in weird ways. There are already numbers [grayed out] in the Properties. I assume they describe the fish's current orientation. So if I see '20' on the Y-axis, and I enter '60', will the fish rotate to '80'? Or will the '60' override the '20'?

Will the fish move back along the path? Or must I delete the path an remake a new one?[attachmentid=13122]

PATH_QUESTION.jpg

I'd say at this point, it'd be easier to draw a new path. Make sure you start it where you want the fish to start.

Thanks Ken. I blundered into the solution to my own problem. First, I deleted the fish, then pulled a new copy into the Choreography Window. I was having the devil's own time moving it about until I discovered that you have to be in 'Choreogrphy Mode'. Once I clicked on the Blue Megaphone, all problems ceased.