sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help

• *A:M User*

Help. I am still new with AM and I have been feeling better about modeling but as I put my models under the lights I can see all the areas that need help. For example, I have been following the TWO project and I decided that I would try to model something on my own. Here is the render of the witch I started. I wanted her to have a wrinkled face but I have creases that I did not know I had.

I have started the tutorials again to see if I am missing something. Any help is appreciated.

witch001.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you render a Wireframe. It's possible the mesh is dense. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but if your CPs aren't in the "sweet" spot they will cause undesired dimpling.

If you are wanting to add wrinkles what I would recommend is the model her without the wrinkles then apply them using either a bump, or displacement map.

J

She's pretty good! One thing I notice is you have alot of splines running into the eye area. At most you only need 4 splines to form the eyelids....you could delete some of the ones that run into the nose bridge. Or if you need them, hook them off.

Edit: Did you not use mirroring? She doesn't look symetrical in places.

Very nice start for a newbie. You didn't specify where the problem areas are. Post another pic with the areas circled. The ear and area between the brows has alot of patches. You could use some deletions there and some hooks to cut down the geometry. Zooming in close to your problem areas with the bias handles visible will give you a good idea of how the splines are situated on the mesh. From there it's a matter of tweaking and experimenting.

Again, great job so far.

I think she looks pretty good.... well, not that good!

I agree with ken and eric, she seems a bit spline heavy. You could probably get the same effects by tweaking the splines after removing some.

As far as her unsymmetrical (-ity/-ness?) nature, I am not seeing it.. but Ken has a finer eye for that... Though I have to say real people are not symmetrical either (but that can be fixed after mirroring, of course).

Keep posting improvements and such... and do point out the areas that are troubling you.

Actually, it just looks like the odd cp is different...probably didn't use mirror mode on those.

I also just noticed that the mouth doesn't have enough/any rings round it. These should be looped rings that form the shape of the mouth.

Thank you guys for responding. I was feeling alone yesterday! I admire what you guys are able to do with so few splines. I know that is my problems, too many splines. I am sorry I will send a new pic with the problems circled.

I did use the mirror and then started tweaking individual splines. This may have caused the problem. I might go back delete one side and delete some unnecessary splines, mirror and then u/l.

Steve

I have found some of my problems.

In some of the copy and deletions of cps I have left hidden patches inside the model.

I have since deleted one side of the model and have started modeling again to get back where I was. I will update the topic at a later time

Steve