Molly's nipple

markeh

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so busy trying to be funny that I didn't even ask if you would let us know how you did that?
I'm glad you wrote something funny. My wife called me a dufus for writing a subtitle like that.

Anders wrote a plugin with excellent instructions and there are several examples of normal maps here

Will Sutton also pointed out this website that has a photoshop plugin that you can change regular photos into normal maps.

Thank goodness there really is a Molly's nipple in southern Utah. Good grief I've forgotten her last name though.

The thing that sticks out to me is that the trees (being hair) are all pointing away from the hills in the direction of their surface normal--But trees as a rule grow straight up. So I guess that is something to keep in mind using that technique that you will have to groom the trees :)

The thing that sticks out to me is that the trees (being hair) are all pointing away from the hills in the direction of their surface normal--But trees as a rule grow straight up. So I guess that is something to keep in mind using that technique that you will have to groom the trees :)

Or maybe applying a force in the positive y direction?

Great test BTW, markeh!

I love that image!

I agree with William's comment on grooming the trees. Most of the trees should be growing straight up. Even so, it is a nice image and your normal map looks very like the effects of the crumple material. Is it applied to the whole surface as tiled maps or as a big decal? I haven't experimented with normal maps yet though I know that I should. Soon, I hope.

So I guess that is something to keep in mind using that technique that you will have to groom the trees

Ah yes, the grooming of the trees - I guess I haven't read that New York best seller quite yet. :)

Is it applied to the whole surface as tiled maps or as a big decal?

In this case it is several stamps just because I had more control on the resolution. But experimentation would be good on different resolutions to be applied as an image because that would make things more easy in the long run (I probably stamped only about 10% of of my entire mountain mesh).

Thankyou for the praises.