sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Primatives a Short Film by.....ME

Well, I had an idea while I was out supporting the tabaco industry at work today. It was to make a short film of models made up with primitive shapes. I don't know if 3d shapes are primitive, but that is what i am doing, basic shapes, and such.

So far I have done...........Arnold Squarezeneger.........

[attachmentid=12366]

I have started on Vin Diamond, as you can tell under the objects in the project work space, and still have to do Brooke Spheres, and rig of course, and I guess it would be good if I came up with a story line, and a script, and probably a setting for the script that I have not come up with yet, or the story line........... :huh:

And man I have to get something to record voices :blink:

And a program to make the voices sound different :o

Oh man, this is going to take me forever :(

Okay......relax.....you are just typing......10...9...8....

post-7171-1134804575_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is what I have for Vin Diamond. Still have to fix him a little. They are all going to look very plain and simple, that is the way I want it.

[attachmentid=12369]

I don't know what is going on but I am having a strange reaction when I lathe, so I am going to hit up the A:M Report thread.

post-7171-1134808291_thumb.jpg

Wel, I sent a report into the report thing. but this is what is happening

1 I make a 2 point spline

2 lathe it, and delete the top cps to get a circle

3 click a point, hit the / key press r and use the axis manipulator to lathe a circle, lookes good so far

4 select all points, and hit the p key to peak

5 select one of the cps, and move it, but there are still splines where there shouldn't be one,

I think it is the peak command that is making it duplicate, because it make like 4 of the shape on top of each other, but all the cps are connected and it is drivning me crazy, because I cant cut wholes in it to make the eyes and mouth, without going throu every spline and deleting all its invisible ones, or the ones the peak made and I cant see

Thats about it.

I think your problem is in step three. When you deleted the top cp's and got a circle, it was on the horizontal plane. In the front view you will only see a line. Select that line / key and in the PWS under the tranform/rotate, enter 90 in the x value. You should now see the circle in the front view. Here is where yo are getting double cps - you must first delete half of the circle before you lathe. Once you have a figure like the one in the pic, select all, shift select a cp on the center, hit R, move the manipulator just off center to the outside and lathe. Voila, perfect sphere without double cps.

Hope I'm understanding your problem correctly. If I'm way off, ooops and never mind :-)

Maybe this is also helpful, I love the stuff yo can make with it quickly: http://www.sgross.com/plugins/plugin1/index_e.html

LatheSphere.jpg