Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TSM 2

Slipin Lizard

Ok, I'm still pretty new at AM but I have done some very basic rigging in a few different tutorials. I've been focusing on modeling the most. I'm working on a PC platform with AM 11.1. So I decided to go all out and buy the TSM2 disc with the tutorials and stuff. I installed TSM2 and it comes up as a plug in with no issues. Next I followed along on the "basics" mov tutorial. All went well and I mirrored the tutorial step for step, right up to and including hitting the "rig" button to rig everything. The tutorial guy goes on to open an action window and show how the model is now rigged by bending and posing it. I open a new action window, and the bones do nothing.

I know this seems whinny, but it just seems like this keeps happening as I try to learn 3D animation. There just seem to be so many little things that are supposed to work but don't. This is kind of getting to be the straw that broke the camels back. I realize the information I'm giving is somewhat limited, but does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? I'm really close to just admiting that 3D animation just isn't for me, or worse yet going back to Maya! (ha ha).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that does help... but even better, here's another one: Do either of you know how I access the electronic manual for TSM2? I'm on a windows platform. When I installed TSM2, the manual opened and I read the first part, then closed it and watched the first tutorial mov. Since then I can't figure out how you get the manual back, I've searched all my folders and can't find it. Talk about a learning process... Where are the Star Trek computers that can read my mind and follow verbal instructions?

You can read it online, if that helps:

http://www.anzovin.com/TSM2manual/

Edit: Oops. Dead link. Hopefully the Anzovins will fix that soon, although it looks like they're beginning to bury references to TSM2 for A:M. Their home page has no links or mention of it.

In any case, my manual's in a TSM2 folder inside the HXT folder inside the A:M application folder. Do you not have that?

Don't think your questions are stupid. I went through the exact same thing. Even talked to Anzovin about where the manual was. They should really update the tut to include the "constraints on" trick. I'll be honest with you, I bought TSM2 with great hopes but got so frustrated with it that I'm using it as a coaster for now. This is not a reflection on TSM2, just a statement on how dumb I am when it comes to making it work. It's quite obvious that many people are much smarter than I am, cause so many people swear by it.

Anyways, I hope you get it to work for you and keep asking questions along the way. I'll keep reading this post and may yet get it to work also. Good luck.

In the Pose Sliders window, remember to turn "TSM Constraints" ON.

My TSM models come out with it "OFF" for some reason.

I really like TSM and TSM 2. I'm not sure I'd be animating without them.

I admit....this one got me too.

"Why doesn't the rig do anything?" is our number one frequently-asked-question, and "Turn the TSM Constraints pose on" is the answer. I didn't realize that it was already on in the tutorial movie Raf did... that explains a lot. Since Raf made that movie before TSM2 was entirely done, I probably told him to go ahead and turn it on without recording it, because I'd figure out how to automate that any minute now, there had to be a way to do it... but there actually wasn't.

Sorry, folks. :(

"Where's the manual?" is a FAQ, too, which just tells me that I need to stop trying to be clever about interface design. But for what it's worth, TSM2 Builder and TSM2 Rigger both have a "?" button in their lower left-hand corners. That will pop up the manual.

Eric: If you'd like help getting TSM2 working, please feel free to post questions on the Anzovin Products forum (http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showforum=23) or to e-mail me directly (morgan@anzovin.com). Our products can be a little quirky, but we do our best to back them up with personal tech support. And I'd hate to think that we sold you a coaster.

With regards to the website, I was just looking at it myself and thinking: "Where did the A:M info go?" You'll notice, though, that the TSM2 page is actually called "TSM2Maya" and not "TSM2," despite the fact that the TSM2 link leads you straight there. I'm guessing that there was a redesigned "TSM2AM" page in the works, but it's most likely on hold right now, due to Steve Anzovin's health issues.