Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

missing the instant dragon button

johnl3d

Needed a break today from what I was working on so I tried to model the standard Dragon. Since I usually don't model anything that complex I thought I would ask for some help. I did what I posted using what I remember from the "devil dog" modeling on the Hash tapes. meaning I started with an extrusion then cut it in half and added the legs,arms wings to the half and copy flipped and attached. There are no claws , feet or real head but I posted a wireframe and a little qt any comments suggestions welcome.

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/dragon0.htm

thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good start so far. I the head should be modeled like it's a human head though(extruded from the eye's, ear and mouth). I'd also move the wings down one spline and connect them to each vertical spline on the body that lines up(you'll have to add one more on the body). I'd also reduce the number of splines for the tail using hooks but it's not really that important. For the legs I'd add 2 more vertical splines one on each side towards the front of the leg. I have included a picture(I just got a tablet so I had to find a excuse to play with it!!) that shows what I'd do with it but I'm sure there are other ways.

A make drangon button would make things easier though. :D

dragonfixes.jpg

Well since everyone is showing off their dragon creatures. I thought I'd help with a few wires of my old one. I removed the tail and wings since they're pretty big.

Excuse the materials on the dragon. I imported it into 10.5 from 8.5, so they're a little wacky.

Hope this helps a little.

Jeff B.

dragon.jpg