sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Render like this?

andyg

Hi Folks, Just wondering if anyone knew a way to render a model like this. Its a source file for a stereogram generating programme. I think the rule is that lightest values in the pic appear foremost in the stereogram. Maybe there is a way to do it post render... any ideas?

Cheers AndyG

post-6260-1132109965_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a depth buffer in the render options.

I have done this type of render using fog as well. Basically a completely black background... totally white model... and black fog set on the camera... no shadows... try adding ambience to the model... this will blow out the shadow areas I think.

The depth buffer gives a better result... I only tried playing with the depth buffer in older versions of AM which required some kind of conversion... however I think v12 does this as part of the new composite feature. Not sure.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Wow... it just so happens... i recently used this effect to creat my normal maps. The easiest way to do this is to set up your shot like you want. Make the model without any textures, or colors. Make the entire set and all models pure white and have an ambience of 100 and ambience color of pure white. Then, take the camera, make it have a black background, with fog. Make the fog start at the closest point in your shot, and end to the furthest part of your shot. So if it where that plane, i'd make the start of the fog probably somewhere near the first wing, and the fog end at the very back of the tail fin... or further. I did the same thing with arnolds head, and it created a perfect bump map of his face. It was awesome. You should make sure that all the components in the shot are within the fog range that you want. Let's see what you're workin on. :P

Hi Folks, Just wondering if anyone knew a way to render a model like this. Its a source file for a stereogram generating programme. I think the rule is that lightest values in the pic appear foremost in the stereogram. Maybe there is a way to do it post render... any ideas?

Cheers AndyG

I think the easiest way to achieve this effect is to use the depth-buffer. You need the depth2tga-tool to convert it to tga-file format (at least in v11.1).

Cheers,

DJ

Hey Dan, when you say....

Make the entire set and all models pure white and have an ambience of 100 and ambience color of pure white.

Im still using V.10.5 Is ambience colour a new thing? Ive noticed I dont get as much detail as you are getting in my shots.

Cheers AndyG