Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Race Track

After going to the Dan Holtz's Race Experience, I decided that I would model the Mesa Marin track. one reason is because I almost broke the track record in a car with only half the horse power. The other reason is the track is scheduled for destruction this month. So I decided I would carry on the legacy.

I need some help with some things,

first I rotated the straights at 7 degrees, and the corners at 18 degrees, that is what the track has, but it looks like it is way more angled than that. When you use the rotate manipulator, and input a number, is that the actual real world degree, or is it different on this program? Any who, here is the still of what I have now, help would be greatly appreciated.

[attachmentid=10745]

post-7171-1131161034_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I wanted to recreate some races, so I thought I would need a track.

Anyways, I was trying to put the sedan on the track, and since the tutorial resourses page is down right now, can someone tell me how to make the track a surface that another model can not fall through, I am having the hardest time figuring that out. Thanks

Well, I wanted to recreate some races, so I thought I would need a track.

Anyways, I was trying to put the sedan on the track, and since the tutorial resourses page is down right now, can someone tell me how to make the track a surface that another model can not fall through, I am having the hardest time figuring that out. Thanks

Actually, a model will always be able to pass through another surface.

If the track is a series of oval splines, you can cnstrain a car to one of those splines, or you could create a path around the track, and constrain the car to the path.

If it needs to be more than one lap, you'll need to use a path with multiple loops around the track.

Sounds like fun.

David

Actually, there are very few spines throughout the whole model. The front, back only have 8 CP's, and the corners ore only 10 CP's, so I don't think i would be able to constrain the vehicles to any splines cause there are none in the middle of any of the straights or corners. But I will see what I can do when I add the grandstands and the infield walls.

Thanks