sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

FlyingLogo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Step by Step :)

I loaded the print logo in as a rotoscope and lathed a simple tube shape for the beams. I then duplicated the beams and positioned them over the edges I wanted emphasised. Next I switched into bone mode and added a bone for each tube, with the z direction travelling along the tube.

The logo pieces were created with the AI wizard. I used Flash to trace the bitmap logo and seperate the different piece. Then it was back into AM to use the AI wizard with a small rounded inner bevel. I scaled the model to the correct size and seperated the pieces into different object files.

Animation of the tubes was through a simple action which started at z -4 and finished a z +4. created the keyframes by selecting all the tube bones and entering -4 at frame 0 and + 4 at frame 20.

Then I went into the timeline editor and offset the bones into different sets. Once I was happy with the transition streaks I simple dropped all the objects into the choreography, added the streak action to the streak object, and turned all the other objecs inactive until the streaks for that object intersected. When the streaks for an object intersected I made the object active at 90% transparency. Six to eight frames later I set a key turning the transparency to 0.

Finally I added a camera move and targetted the camera to a target null. The final stage was to go back into the AIWizard-based models and clean up a couple of edges that had crossed splines.

From beginning to end it took about five hours to model and animate.

Rendertime was another three to four hours.