Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

test animation of boy

Guest william40

Guest william40

Ok, I did a quick little "no!" with the boy character. I still need to do smartskin on the suspenders and sides.

You can see the artifacting more on the hair here, it almost seems like cross hatch work.....hmmmmm.

www.hennesproductions.com/max_no.mov

Bill

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very nice! You're really progressing with your project.

I have no experience with toon renders. But do you have transparency set on any patches? Or it might be your cookie cut map?

Please keep posting, it will be fun to watch as it develops.

Jim

Guest william40

thats great ! - you really captured the emphatic NO response - makes me think you're drawing from experience ? - (great character as well)

(Sorry I don't have any thoughts about the toon render problem, oh wait...maybe the bias setting is funny just for the hair?)

Thanks Nancy! I would have to admit that I DID draw from experience. :D

That's very nice! You're really progressing with your project.

I have no experience with toon renders. But do you have transparency set on any patches? Or it might be your cookie cut map?

Please keep posting, it will be fun to watch as it develops.

Jim

Thanks Jim. The area in question is a cookie cut map. The funny thing is that I noticed as I move the camera closer, the artifacts start to go away. I am perplexed. I will keep posting.

Thanks

Bill

This is a nice little piece. Toon render looks great (that weird texture on top of his head even works somehow) and as a bonus, if you play it backwards it's a perfect sneeze!

Thanks Gerry! You are right it does look like a sneeze backwards. A happy magical accident.

William

That looks really nice. You really captured the attitude of the voice there. :)

You have some pass through going on with the right hand going through the overalls.

You might want to delay one of the arms a frame or two so the arm action isn't happening at exactly the same time.