Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Creating A DirtMap

A wink tutorial on creating a simple DirtMap in PaintShop Pro 8 for THIS chair model.

Download the tutorial here.

I've found that you need to copy the files from the zipped folder to somewhere on your HD for these to load correctly.

This is my first ever tutorial so be kind :D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really kind of you doing this tutorial.

I think it is really usefull. You can do a dirt map that easy is nice

because then mapping I thought you better make some flattening first. But perhaps you do not need flattening always. Jim Talbot is ysing flattening then he maps his faces. You can have a look here:

To flatten a face to map it - Jim Talbots tutorial

Then looking at the images you have done. You have got a lot of atmosphere in them... it is not only the dirtmap that makes it. Are you using fog?

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=A...=post&id=123827

I am interested in taking part of how you have done it! Can you upload the project file?

PS

About the tutorial - sure it is good - but is about 6 MegaByte - I believe you can do it under 1 Megabyte - if you do not show the mouse movements and seeing you resizing a bitmap... It is fun seeing you resizing the bitmap - but I do not believe it is necessary to show it!

And the project file - if you like to upload it - thanks in advance...

Or/And you can tell us a bit about how you are making the atmosphere in your nice images.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Dale,

Just a note to say I enjoyed your tutorial. Thanks!

Everyone can now view and download it via Hash Inc's A:M Tutorials area on their website. :)

View online:

Creating a Dirtmap by Dale Hemenway

or

Download Zipped Tutorial(6.4MB)

I made one minor modification to the HTML by making it change size with the window. It shows at 90% of the active windows size. Thanks to Vern for reminding me how to do this with only the width information when we were working on the Extra CD. Thanks Vern!

Rodney