sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Been a long time - gr8 to be back

I have a klieg shining out of the side of the sub that casts these wierd beams. I just want a smooth diffuse beam. Tried rendering with multi pass and without - both show same funky beams. Tried volumetrics on and off, no difference. Anyone?

There is also a plain bulb in the wheelhouse which is not doing what I want. I want the bulb to dramatically illuminate the inside of the wheelhouse with a good amount of light shining through the bulb windows but not through the rest of the hull. Any suggestions?

Nautilusmed.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems you have a glass plate or somthing infront of the light . . . move the light so it is just infront of that, and make sure nothing is in front of it.

I had this problem when my character was holding a gun with a flashlight, the flashlight beam was interupted just slightly by the characters hand, and it turned out all weird like that

Good job though, i like the model

Hope it helps

Ben

PS, about the windows, try maybe a higher intesity on the light, and maybe add a glow to the winows? or some ambience

Thanks. The glass is actually a dome - I would like the effect of the light radiating out of the dome into the water. At this point I have a bulb right in front of the dome and a klieg just outside the dome. This is not giving me what I want. The bulb does a nice job, but the klieg can't follow the curve of the dome and looks just like what it is, a flat light source just outside the glass dome. Not what I am after.

You were right about the weird beams being caused by the klieg inside the glass dome. I was hoping to eliminate the flatness of the klieg by putting it inside the dome. Still not getting it right.

I spoke too soon. In the action window, the light renders pretty good, but in the chor, it has some more problems. The attached image shows what I mean. These are two separate images, the top being from the chor, the bottom from the action window.

This should be easy, why am I having so many problems with a simple light????

Nautilus2Med.jpg