Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rodney's World Tour 2005

Rodney

• Admin

All,

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood New Users Forum moderator to say I'll be out quite a bit in July. I may have limited connectivity to the internet so my ability to answer personal mail etc. will be effected.

This is something of a summer family vacation that will take me to Illinois, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Los Angeles and a variety of other places in between. The tour should end with a visit to SIGGRAPH 2005 where I'm looking forward to meeting some of the great people that frequent this forum. If you see a guy that looks lost in LA it'll probably be me so please direct me to the Hash Inc booth! ;)

I'll be checking the forum every time I'm near a computer connection to the internet but I imagine that might be rather infrequent at times.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will step in to assist with greeting new users and helping them to explore The Art of Animation:Master. This isn't anything new as you always help out but I wanted to take a moment to recognize your effort and say "Thanks!". I couldn't do it without you.

Hope to see you at SIGGRAPH!

Rodney

(I don't have a cafepress storefront but if I did I'd be selling "Adopt a Newbie" TShirts.)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Thanks Gale. That means a lot!

I won't be far away (it's hard to get rid of me) but I do anticipate this will be a break from being online.

I do have a laptop again (I dropped my old one too many times) so I'll be trying to catch up on some personal projects in A:M. Yea! :)

I like your image! :)

• Admin
that certificate was a year old last month

Happy Anniversary! :)

I know everyone (well most everyone) has printers that print to regular bond paper size but, for the record, if I was delivering the certificate to your door it would be twice the size you have it in your picture. :D

• Admin

For those heading to SIGGRAPH...

Anyone got any good leads on hotels near the SIGGRAPH Exhibition?

I'm looking for something comfortable within walking distance.

Any links? Suggestions?

I'll have a wife and two kids in tow so... no you can't sleep on the floor. ;)

Disneyland might take us away from SIGGRAPH for one day I fear.

Thanks!

Note to Will Sutton: I actually have tickets this time so if you plan to be at SIGGRAPH I'll try to make up for last year. ;)

I'll be checking the forum every time I'm near a computer connection to the internet but I imagine that might be rather infrequent at times.

You're going to Tokyo, and you think you're going to have a hard time finding an internet connection? Don't they surgically implant one in your brain as soon as you get off the plane there? :blink:

But seriously, enjoy your trip.

Nihongo ga wakarimasu ka? Nihon ni ikitai desu. Tokyo ga suki desu ka? Anata wa ikimashta ka?

Ja, mata ashita.

• Admin

It's not hard to find an internet connection if you want one.

Since I'm visiting family though... I may have to force myself not to want one too much. ;o)

Nihongo wa wakarimasen. Zenbu wa wasuremashita. Honto ni.

Tokyo ga totemo suki desu. Omoshiroi desu ne? Tabum 8/1 LA ni tsukimasu.

SIGGRAPH ikimasu ka?

ja mata!

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Phase I of my World Tour is now complete. Phase II begins Tomorrow.

Phase II will once again take me out of online action, this time for at least two weeks.

Please be patient with me.

Emails may not get responses for some time so it would be best to post questions to the forum.

I'll still check the forum/email where possible.

Please remember to "Adopt a Newbie" :)

Best

Rodney

Sandy,

I brought back doggie bags but ate it all on the plane. I had forgotten how much I missed Japanese food...