sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Example of clouds

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a whole bunch of spheres, put them around the middle of the object. Make a new material, with two attributes, make one sine with 5 octaves, scale it to 1500% in all axiss (srry I'm not the best at grammer) then make one attribute of the sine 100 percent transparency. Make the second attribute a gradient, one attribute of the gradient 100 percent transparency. Make the edge threshold about -20 or 20 (depending which attribute you set to 100).

Apply the material to the model of sphears, it should look like a cloud, tweak your model so there are no random circles of cloud floating about.

Create a new action, as the action goes through (5 seconds just to test) distort your model slightly, and translate/rotate your material. I would suggest if your model is about 400 cm wide like mine, you tranlate between 45-75 in all axiss (again srry for grammer) and rotate some in all axiss (srry yet again!) but the majority of the roation, in the way the wind is blowing and movment of the cloud.

That should get you off to a good start. Hope this helps anyone who wants it :D