sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

EEEK! Urgent! BEEOOOW!

I'm doing this thing for something at school, a small landscape with a house. All I'm missing are roof tiles... I've tried searching the web and creating some myself, but what I make suck and the images I find are useless... :blink: 'elp please?

PS. They kinda need to be black.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of tiles are we talking here? If I had a photo reference I could probably do it... Email me, because I'll hear the email come in, and I won't be checking the forums.

-Zev

igeek1@mac.com

I kinda need regular, flat tiles, a little bit like the tiles on the image below, exept they have to be black.

PS. this was the closest I got to crafting black tiles out of red ones. As you see, it didn't work out very well...

iGeek: my mail claims that your mailadress is invalid. :blink:

post-7-1115147591.jpg

Yes. That should work. Also you could just use copy and paste. It will go up by powers of 2. Sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. No idea what's wrong with igeek1@mac.com. It should be working. Of course if time runs out just use a decal of the shingles. I imagine that for a school project this is way beyond anything anyone else is doing anyway. They'll excuse you if your model isn't straight out of PIXAR's renderfarm...

-Zev

As a solution, I used a .mat with cales and some others sassy stuff applied. However I got a delay on it since I ain't really all happy with it and now another problemo has appeared: I used the hair-grass tut on my grass, but now the color won't stick on the grass, the decal won't color the grass, but the ground :blink: It worked, but then I had to remove the mat and apply it again and now it doesn't work. I've tried resetting everything, but I just can't seem to find the biggie.