Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The biggiest

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TADA original in A:M Sorensen codexed - a .mov-file about 4.4 Mbyte

Squeezed to a new .mov-file gave me 810 kbytes and I could upload 22 seconds video with sound! You can look and listen to it in the previous post.

Experimenting with exporting to .swf - the Flash format.

Here a short bit of the TADA 7 seconds - 632 kbytes - first imported video from A:M to Flash - the sound was not imported - then imported the sound to a new layer in Flash - and exported - the_tada_short.zip

Next post - experiment with Squeeze from Sorensen - imported the whole TADA video about 22 seconds and exported - it gave me 742 kbytes - swf.file!!!

Result in: the_tada_1_orginal_Broadband.zip

the_tada_short.zip

huh?

YES I DID IT!

I got a reaction - from the heart? or was it from the stomach? - on my showcase. That is the thing. Disney understood it - you have to have sound and lip synched characters - if your animations will have some attention - some public. Who wants to look at a stumb Mickey the Mouse or Donald Duck? No one I guess...

Why so little sound and a lip sync on the contributions here? Well it is about bytes to download. But with a good bandwidth no problems - Google has understood it - you can upload your videos to them - to the Google server.

And you can use Flash and you can Squeeze your movies - and they will get really small - most surfers can hear them - see them.

A telly without sounds needs to be repaired!!!!

That is true for computers too! lacking sound.

Let us try to have more sound and lip sync in the movies - that I believe is the best for a prospering A:M future.

:D

I have only tried to do it simple - the lipsync and the modeling - trying to show - you do not need all that modeling - sure good modeling are the best - but it is the sound that gets the emotions coming from the stomach or from the heart - and without emotions - it is only brain - grey clumps of tissue!

Sounds are Colors!

They look like fish. :D

Yes, they do... thanks I did not see that myself.

But what are you thinking about sound and lipsync.

I believe the Forum members have to tackle it.

Now it is most images and some movements - but sound and lipsync seldom.

What do you say?

A new Forum for sound and animation?

Just like the Artistic Rendering Forum? I think that Forum is more or less dead!

A Sound Forum? I believe their are so many here interested in music - and people having stories to tell - using lipsynched characters - perhaps a Forum for that - trying to get A:M useful - you can earn some money on it?

TV ads without sound and lipsync they are as dead as Disney animations without sound and lipsync. Why not do something constructive?

Lipsync your charicature and inspire others to do it themselves!

I disagree. I feel that emotion can be conveyed just as well if not better through actions. I do think that sound often serves to increase my interest in an animation but it does not create the character; the actions do. As the adage goes, actions speak louder than words.

SeanC.

Now I see seven's point, but what's with the title "the biggiest"? What's a biggiest anyway?

I think the reason why there aren't many animation clips with sound is either lack of owning a web site that can host such clips and/or the limit of file size in this forum to accomodate such clips (as is with my case).

Is there a formula that calculates how much of one's project to render, with sound, that keeps the file under the maximum file size acceptable to load in this forum?

Is there a formula that calculates how much of one's project to render, with sound, that keeps the file under the maximum file size acceptable to load in this forum?

You have to have a look on this post:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=101881

And the following ones. Sorenson codex is a part of A:M for .mov-files.

Using Sorenson Squeeze you will get smaller files.

divX is another very good alternative. Have a try - I look forward to LOOK AND LISTEN to your avatar!

Yup.  Lip sync is the key to funny animations.  That must be why this is so boring and unprofessional-looking.  <_<

Yes I can understand that from this too:

This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do.

-- Woody Guthrie

PS

And some lipsync can be good then animating the singing...

:rolleyes:

Why do you not do some animation of Woody Guthrie singing?

guthrie.gif

Why do you not do some animation of Woody Guthrie singing?

I'm actually not a huge Woody Guthrie fan; I've just always liked that quote, and it pretty much sums up my attitude on copyright in particular and intellectual property in general.

Buddy Holly, on the other hand... I've had an animated video in mind for a couple of his early tunes for a while... hm...

ANYway, I couldn't tell if you got my original point or not, which was simply that lip sync is NOT the key to making Living Characters. Remember, a silent Felix the Cat was the biggest cartoon star in the world before "Steamboat Willie" came along and changed everything.

Sure I got your point....

So I pointed out that you - yourself was found of songs and to do them you have to move your mouth a bit.

The movie - the chicken race - was mostly a race - that is what every movie have - a cop hunting some victims - more or less drastic - sadistic - funny...

Yes a race - that is a must...

but to have some story around the race you have to tell something.

For sure you can tell things just moving the body - body language - but it so much easier using words - sentences....

And the public - you and I - love to listen to a history. Being able to tell a history you can get attention - without getting attention - why animate?