Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Blow the doors off!

Hi Hashers

Having finished the third and final storyboard for Bella Bear I decided to do some animation with Bella & Hannah. For this I chose a famous scene from a famous film and decided to replace the characters with mine - bit like the 10 Second club.

Anyway, here's what I have done so far - I look forward to any coments and criticsms (I wonder if you can guess what film the scene is from ;) )

Doors_Flick.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Suggestion: the character on the right would benefit from anticipations on both his head moves. They don't have to be big, but that will add some life to the moves. and if you slightly dip his head inthe middle of the turn, that will make a nicer arc to the motion.

As to the scene... I'm stumped... what's it from?

Robcat

Yeah I see what you mean Bella's head might seem a little stiff. I won't add touches like that just yet I want to block most of the animation out first, than go back and add refinements in a second sweep. I am doing the lipsyncing now for the dialogue which scared me to start (I haven't done it in a while) then absorbed me afterward :D

FYI the animation is based on a scene from the film 'The Italian Job'. I'll let you wait for the dialogue to work out which bit ;)

Anyway, here's what I have done so far - I look forward to any coments and criticsms (I wonder if you can guess what film the scene is from  ;) )

The action is very symmetrical. They react in very much the same way, at very much the same time (yes, I know they're reacting to a sudden, violent event), and at very much the same speed. For each character, left and right arms move in very similar ways.

I would suggest making the reaction faster, make them duck more or less to one side or another, and by different amounts. Some extreme facial reaction would help too - wincing, perhaps. Hope that helps.

Stuart, who can critise animation far better than he can create it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't done what you guys have suggested - yet ;) I will add these things later.

I just wanted to get the base lipsync and blockling out done first. So here is how far I have got so far.

For some reason the lipsync don't look to good from the side although it does look OK when I did it looking directly at Bella Bear... I think I am gonna have to make those phoneme shapes much more pronounced, she looks more like she is mumbling...

doors.zip

Done a bit more to this flick - man animation is time consuming :rolleyes:

It still seems to be a bit wooden and I need to refine it even more, but I think its getting there - what do you lot think??? It's quite large (2.4mb so be warned).

Doors

Please note: This flick does contain a mild swear word :blink: