Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need input

My original post: original bear WIP post

Something just did not seem right, so I started working on a simpler "more youthful" design...see below. The animation is about a youthful,playful bear, and the original design just did'nt give me that feeling. My children like this new design better.

I want to put hair/fur all over the body, so I want to keep the spline count down, hopefully will make it easier to animate. Having the arms and legs as seperate opjects cause problems with the hair/fur?

Looking for some input about the overall proportions, design, etc. I guess I am inspired by Keith Lango's simple character designs. Thanks for the inspiration Keith!

Any thoughts, crits, etc... always welcomed!

post-7-1112382337.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Joseph,

I really like to youthful look to the character. Nice job!

The thing that bothers me a bit is the way the head sticks out to the front. I know that's very bear-like, but the size of his head in relation to his body makes it look like he will tip over. Maybe you can adjust that as you pose him, but then you will always have to make that adjustment.

I hope you keep updating this thread!

Jim

I like him very much, he looks very bear-like! My only suggestion is he needs a bit more "paunch" in the front view. He looks awesome from the side (keeping Jim's comment in mind) but he seems slightly off proportion from the front - a bit too thin and top heavy.

Nice work.

Tom

even accounting for the young age of the bear, i would expect it to be more bulky, and have a significantly wider shoulder base and torso.

but that's an actual bear, so don't let that get in the way of style.

-jon

that looks more 'bearish' to me, but now the hips strike me as too wide. ' ' )

this is the problem when you mess with reality. in the end you just need to find your own style.

keep up the good work!

-jon