sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling an Audi

Hey Guys,

This is one of these "good from far" deals.

I noticed that there aren't a lot of realistic cars available in AM and so I did this as a test to build my modeling skills. I really didn't do justice to the vehicle as I simply slapped a decal on for the lights and didn't really care much about the materials and stuff. I didn't even add door handles.

I am hoping my next one will be better.

I really learned a lot by modeling this car. This one was done strictly with rotoscopes and a lot of artistic shortcuts. I think the easiest thing for me was to start with the grill at the front and work outwards.

I also used another technique where I quickly laid out the splines with no rhyme or reason and then went back and made those splines non-selectable. This way I just used the shape and went over with a new set of organized splines. In some cases, this was easier than trying to repair my original mess of splines.

Cheers,

Eugene

post-7-1111634725.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images