Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My first test.....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a test of a "guided projectile" (supposed to be made of stone, but you could not tell from that angle)...

It will look alot better when I am able to perform the sequence in a starfield in A:M, and not ALPHA channeled against those starfields from Motion.

Any suggestions for the animation? Movement? Angles etc?

Some computers especially unix based machines don't like windows media player. The most common compression method I know of (and use quite often and successfully) is the sorenson 3 codec for QT it gives the highest level of compression without sacrificing too much in detail. It is the codec that most of the brodcast design students at my former college use.

J

Okay, well... the particles (flame from the exhaust and explosion) were done with Wondertouch's ParticleIllusio, and the starfield was a particle generaed by Apple's Motion

Everything was layered with alpha channels, and I plan on taking out the starfield one day, and for future shots, by removing an alpha layer and animating it all with a star sphere in A:M, then overlaying the Wondertouch particles.

I think the rocket itself could use slightly better lighting, but all in all, I'm pretty proud of my first official posted animation.