sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Connecting legs to body

Making a character from one of my drawings (I don't have a scanner so I can't post that) and So far I have made legs and feet. However, I am not sure how to continue. Should I make arms and head and improvise torso? Or maybe make torso and attatch to other parts? Pict shows how far i am now. Help, please.

Legs.JPG

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the only problem is: how do you make half a torso? :P but yes, torso would be the logical next step. btw, I like his feet, if Im not all wrong, I think your model will turn out pretty darn good. ("you can say a lot about a model, looking at it's feet" Chineese proverb(yeah right, as if the Chineese know anything about modeling :P))

ty...and now I am in the prosess of finding out how to make half a torso <_ hopefully it will work. hopefully. if anyone knows how i would go about making half a torso which sure is obvious then copy it...could you share your knowledge src="https://www.hash.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/minecraft_wink.png" alt=";)">

well first of all you should start by making half+, not only half. let some splines fly over on the other side just to make sure everything will work together with the upcomming copy, if you get anything of what im saying. And when you're ready to copy/flip/attatch, just remove the splines that are yo be replaced with the copied/flipped/attatched copy.

nd now I am in the prosess of finding out how to make half a torso

import a 32 patch sphere from cd .. use S tool to scale it up in Y axis .. select half sphere ( dont select the middle spline ) delete it .. use K tool to break lines ...

Now attach leg and arm

But when I copy/flip/attatch, it attatches vertically, not horizontally. Where do I change this?

you must select all model then hold SHIFT key and select a horizontal spline

should I attatch torso to leg, or leave leg unconnected

attach leg and arm to torso then c/f/a it ..

thumbs are hard, yes... just look at my logo post in showcase, if you look closely, you can see that his thumb is...well, very twisted and wierd(Im talking about my wrok here). btw, is it going to be an elf women? was a bit hard to tell from your paint picture, but it looks like an elf, or something like it.

btw, is it going to be an elf women? was a bit hard to tell from your paint picture, but it looks like an elf, or something like it.

I dunno quite yet. One of my creatures in my sketchbook that I liked. I love elf ears :wub: but...hmmm...prolly something like a primitive elf...sort of. ^_^ I could show you if I could give you one of my picts, but i can't. <_>

This will probably make creases and jack things up big time but break or detatch the top or left spline segmant. Keep detatching until you can break and start re-modeling it. stop before you get to the unrendered patch. Now with a hanging cp, make a four point spline (somewhere). attatch one of the middle points to the hanging cp. attatch the other to the side of the nostril or how the point was attatched before. Now delete the other two end points. Sorry but the picture is a little messy (more like completely blurry :wacko: ) .

Hope this helps.

post-7-1106518728.jpg