sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Robots.

Guest RemoteViewer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my hands on two books

Strategy Game Programming with Dirext X 9.0

Real Time Strategy Game Programming Using MS Direct X 6.0

Both have their pluses even though the second one is out of date. He references the absolute necessity of having 128MB ram for their development and art machines several times and I chuckle.

Great books, very deep. I am gonna have to start back a couple of steps and learn some C++. I know Visual Basic and Visual Basic for Apps very well but C++ is like an alien landscape for me. So I have a copy of Visual C++ 6.0 from work and I am starting from scratch.

That being said, good luck on making an RTS. If I ever get to that point I am gonna hire out for the art. Too much work on top of the coding.

Take a look at this guy's work

Wade

Hey Chris

I Like the bots and the terrain is really nice as well. The bot in the middle looks kind of like it's floating though. And one thing with the background, it looks as if you painted the black over the mountains, it makes the mountains in the back look like they were cut. Other than those few things, it's looking nice.