Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

10 Sec Club FIXED LINK!

Nat

Hey everyone, sorry about the last post that only 3 people were able to view, this one will be much better. So, this is my first run at entering the 10 second club animation contest (www.10secondclub.net) and I've already got some feed back from a couple people on weight shifts at the end, but please watch it and give me some replies on what I can improve. Thanks a million!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good work!

my crit is that at the end when the man takes his left hand and puts it behind his head.... how is he supporting himself without having the shift his position or body weight?

Really bothered me....

aside from that, excellent!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Thanks for the comments guys. I do see what you mean about the pauses and I think I'll add some more subtle motion in those areas. Ok, I'm confused about the weight shift too, but can you guys do me a favor? Lay on your stomach and try to do what the character does. I know that sounds a little extreme, but if you actually tried it, it could really help. I did and I was able to do the whole bit without a huge visible shift to my one elbow, the reason being; most my weight was already on the ground from the stomach down. Anywho, thanks for the comments, and it'll be good to get an A:M entry amongst all those Maya users. Thanks again!!!! :D

I still think that it's a problem spot on an otherwise fantastic piece.

When he starts talking he repositions his back even further to the right, closer to the character he's talking to. His stomach could support him like you said, but we wouldn't be able to see so much of the torso/stomach if it were supporting him.

I think if you keep his right elbow put and shift his torso over his right arm more when the torso shift happens when he starts talking, it would solve the problem....

But this is just an opinion mind you....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com