Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

More rigging problems

If anyone out there who is a rigging guru wants to give me some pointers on what I have done wrong with this guy, I am ready to hear some suggestions.

I used to 2001 skeleton included on the CD and rigged him according to the instructions.

The trouble is he is acting peculiar when I apply some of the actions on the CD to test the rig. Is that the actions or my rigging work? His knees act very funny. I also think my hand rig is screwed up. The thumb doesn't curl.

Anyone who wants to look at Gnosh can feel free. I need all the help I can get.

Gnosh.mdl

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess.. his knees go knock kneed.. and his thumbs look like the Fonz?

I get the same things.. not sure why.. you can roll the knee pointers in an action or a pose and it will fix the knees (can't help you with what causes the problem) As far as the fingers.. The thumb actually works.. but the hand clench poses don't work correctly for some reason.. you sould go and make your own fists pose and it should work fine. you role the finger bones and it makes them curl.

Hope that helps.

C

I looked at your file and made a few changes to it, hopefully for the better. Fixed The thumbs and the knees are better. I removed your smartskin, it didn't seem to work well and added fan bones for the elbows, knees and ankles. Also added an eye target for you. You have a problem with the A mouth pose, it crashes. I thought it was something I did, so I redownload and the problem is still there. Just delete the pose and start from scratch. Here's the file.