sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

crumbling a statue 1st attempt

johnl3d

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way you're deforming the statue's mesh makes it look like it's melting insted of crumbling. How about if you used an irregular shape as a Boolean cutter and dropped it over the statue with jerky-looking muscle animation?

Boolean cutters don't like sprites..that was my first idea..but early terminate of the render ended that chain of thought. The sprites are wrong just grabbed one off the cd for testing and the action was also done in haste as it wa getting late and I wanted to test the overall effect idea. Will clean it up and post as time allows. I often get these ideas right before I should be shutting down so they are often rough tests .

the boolean without sprites was going to expose a crumbled version simliar to this post..use imagination...

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/boolmorph.htm

Booleans don't like sprites? What happens, does the application crash? Because I've already determined that Booleans don't like "render as lines" either, but it didn't start becoming a problem until version 10 -- which was when hierarchical Booleans were introduced.