Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character WIP

I've never really modeled a good character before. I've had a script for awhile for a short I wanted to do, but never had an idea for a character. After seeing the incredibles, I had an idea what I wanted. I want to make a girl character something like Violet or Mirage (round heads smaller bodies). I don't have any real modeling experience with characters, so how should I go about making her?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off draw her. Do a model sheet. Draw front and side rotoscopes. The try my tutorial, I'm not promising it will help you, but it'll at least show you a process to get there from rotoscopes.

http://www.colins-loft.net/new_coop_tutorial/tutorials.html

thats the new version which I havnt linked to my main site. It has some new modifications to it like version 11 hair, and a better eye. Not my uber eye yet but a version.

The old version on the main site also talks about some rigging ideas, but the skeleton I used was the anzovin rig which doesnt work with 11 so I took that part out.

Hope that helps. if you have any questions let me know.

By the way you picked my two favorite characters from the Incredibiles. Good eye.

Colin

Yep its in the works. And I'm shooting for an incredibles style. Had it in mind before the movie.. Definately now after the movie.

I'm going to try to have something by spring of 2005. Its a pie in the sky deadline considering how busy I am right now.. but it helps to keep me honest.

Right now I'm still experimenting as much as possible with whats doable across a broad spectrum (ie an extremely morphable model that works well) The answers so far are alot, but they require an incredible amount of process to get them to play well together, once you add lots of tweeks. Not impossible, but setup at the beginning will go along way towards getting it to work right in the final result.

I'll keep you posted when I get more stuff going on it.

C