sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Cingular Dude

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

You may want to do that PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN resolution thing we were chatting about... the image looks like it isn't as smooth as it could be.

Another thing you might try (after saving of course) would be to delete that middle spline that we where talking about that sandwiches the two halves together.

If you want the head to be circular you'll want to move the poles of the sphere up and down slightly to keep away from the football shape.

Getting better each time I see it! :)

I guess I need to see what the original Cingular Dude looks like to really make any suggestions no?

ha ha ha, that's awesome

as for the pageup/pagedown I'm not sure what stage the wireframe pic was taken, but the mov file in my first post was as smoothed as it would let me do with pageup/pagedown.

I'll try deleting that center CP, but I have a feeling that some of the shading may disappear, seeing as I'll lose that 5th point.

• Admin
I'll try deleting that center CP, but I have a feeling that some of the shading may disappear, seeing as I'll lose that 5th point.

The 5 pointers should stay intact... it's that center spline that might either be scaled out a bit or deleted to allow smoothness all the way around.

Hopefully we are talking about the same spline. ;)

• Admin
are you talking about the entire center spline? As in, from a side view it look slike ||| and you want me to delete the middle one? If that's what you're talking about I don't think I can becaused the middle spline is pulled out some to give the edges roundess

Yep... that's the one. I'm not asking you to delete it for eternity however... only to save your model... delete the spline... and observe what it does. In v11 adjusting the biases to get edge roundness or beveling can work wonders too.

Deleting the spline *may* let the natural flow of the spline work to your advantage.

Experiment! :)

SAVE FIRST! If you don't like what you see... close the project and reopen the good one. -Rodney