• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Zack,

I've got to say I love it.

When I clicked on "Electric Guitar" I was expecting to see just another update to your previous work.

It isn't.

Seeing the picture appear on the screen I immediately said "Wow!"

Definitely Showcase material. Proof postitive that attention to detail makes a difference,

Congrats on completing your Strat!

- Rodney

Sorry I've been gone for a few days (massive hard drive failure... and now I'm searching for my A:M cd to reinstall...)

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to look it over, I'll attempt to respond to everyone.

Hmmm. Your pic is not showing...I'm sure I'm able to see cookies on my browser...

Sorry. Temporary glitch with my storage provider.

Seeing the picture appear on the screen I immediately said "Wow!"

Definitely Showcase material. Proof postitive that attention to detail makes a difference,

Congrats on completing your Strat!

Thanks so much! I still have more detail I want to add (is that a bad thing? :P )

Absolutely beautiful, thanks for posting!

Hmm, did you lose a grommet on the machine head for the bottom string? (Yes, I studied it that closely 

Thanks so much. Yep, it looks like you're right. I think it's there. It just got buried at some point during the tweaking. I'll try and fix that. Once I find all my backups.

That is really nice, Zack. Well done!

You ask for C&C; the only thing that jumps out at me is that the frets look a little aliased. I don't know if it'll help or not, but have you tried Greg Rostami's zero blur trick?

Yup, and it's on. I always have problems with antialising. I have no idea why.

Now I see it. That's fabulous. Awesome job

Thanks, I'm glad everything worked out alright.

Well I'll be changing those few things mentioned. I was wondering what peoples reaction to the purple was. I didn't like it at first, but I thought it would be a good complement color, incorporating the previous color, blue, the color of the lower guitar, red, the white lining and the other black guitar.

I was wondering what peoples reaction to the purple was.

Works great for me (a little grunge on the wall it wouldn't hurt).

Something you might experiment with, if you're not already doing it, is to simulate a thick glossy clear-coat on the body. It's done as you might expect - copy the geometry, scale it up slightly, and set it nearly transparent with high specularity and maybe some reflectivity. Similar to adding a cornea to an eyeball.

My computer is screwed up. It has no internet or network connection right now. So I'm on another comp. I'm currently 3 hours into a 6 hour render (it's pretty huge, something like 2100*3072, although I don't remember exactly) on network less computer. I fixed a few basic problems, and the larger size is revealing more (I'm rendering in MP, so I've got some previews).

I will update as soon as possible, but without Internet it's going to be a bit more complicated.

It's very nice, I like your Electric Guitar!

Congratulation! 

Can you show me the mesh?

Thanks Sharky! I'll get a wireframe shot as soon as possible. Until then you can check my WIP thread (I believe there's a link in my signature). There're plenty of wireshots there.

Works great for me (a little grunge on the wall it wouldn't hurt).

Thanks, I'll try out some grunge.

Something you might experiment with, if you're not already doing it, is to simulate a thick glossy clear-coat on the body. It's done as you might expect - copy the geometry, scale it up slightly, and set it nearly transparent with high specularity and maybe some reflectivity. Similar to adding a cornea to an eyeball.

I would do this if the render times were not so prohibitive. On something like an eyeball It wouldn't be that bad, but with render times as high as they already are, I'd prefer to find another work around. But thanks for the suggestion.

Could the aliasing on the frets actually be the shadows cast by the strings

Sev, you might just be right. We'll see when I've got the bigger version rendered.

Zack