sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SPHA-T

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I'll have some wires up soon!

This is all by eye. I am using the Star Wars guide to vehciles which has some pictures of em and i'm getting some details fromt he movie. I basically start at a point that I think I can get into the most detail without going offcourse on making a likeness of it, then continue from there to the end. I don't wry about too many patches because my computer runs very well, so I can make one shape out of many to simplify things. :D

man..., you sure are busy crankin'em out aren't cha?

Hey, how are you building these models anyway? Are you guessing as to what the dimensions are or do you have "The Essential Guide to Vehicles & Vessels" from Bill Smith? ...wait, none of the newer star wars stuff is in that edition....

I've noticed that you're creating a lot of the battlefield vehicles & artillery, I really can't wait to see what you've got planned. You saw what Lucas did, there was a lot of dust and blaster fire and explosions not to mention all the droids & jedi fighting... when's the expected release date and where will we be able to see the premiere?

last question: :P

how are you planning on doing the explosions? are you going to use A:M or artbeats or alamdv...

Thought I'd share these pics... check out these models of 3PO & R2 I did a year ago...

3PO isn't rigged but R2 is... I wanted to make R2 break dance but never got around to doing it.

post-7-1093320418.jpg

Wow, nice! I'm not sure when I'll be done, because I'm not done with the script. No planneed release date yet, but when I have one, you'll know. :P

I'm not quite sure how I'll do the explosions, I've been looking for ways over the last week or so, but can't find any good, firey ones. I might use sprites. WHat were those other programs you mentioned?

For my reference I am using "The NEW Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels" by Haden Blackman. :D

Alamdv or artbeats. although artbeats is really pricy, they do have the best explosions. I "think" there is a series of explosion .tga's of the hash cd, you might want to check it out. Come to think of it, if you're doing a large battle scene a program called Chrominator could help you with a lot of compositing & garbage mattes, (cut down on some of that rendering) here's one example: Here's one that will help you create the hologram effect.