Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Joof lives !

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Jumps are a great choice for animation tests. There's no end to the ways you could do them.

I think the second clip works much better than the first, so you've obviously made good progress in just a couple days. The first clip didn't seem to have any 'anticipation' between him getting off the barrel and going on to the jump. The second clip fixes that. How about even more?

I would move the cam to the side somewhat so we get a more interesting view of the action. Then, to get off that barrel he should lean forward to get his center of gravity over his feet before he rises.

Looking forward to take 3!

Thanks for replying Robcat. Just visited your site and watched most of your competition anims. Great stuff! If you ever wish to take someone under your wing - i'm available. In the meantime I'm taking into account your comments re: anticipation and I'll work more into the next update.

Looking forward to take 3!
Me too! As soon as I get the time.

Doug

• Hash Fellow
If you ever wish to take someone under your wing - i'm available. 

Well, there are better wings to get under than mine, but now that you're animating you too (any anyone else reading this) ought to try... the Animation Showdown at digitalrendering.com (goto the "forum" to find the showdowns and read all about it.)

Every week you get a new bit of classic animation action to put together in 4 hours. Then you get to see how other people solved the same problem, and if you're lucky... blistering feedback from the whiz kids! :lol: