Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ninja Character

Here's the latest guy I've been modeling off and on for the past month or so... I'm planning to have him fight another ninja (a duplicate- just orange or blue or something) in a big room. Any suggestions? I'm still not completely decided on the music, or how it's all going to work out, but I want to have all the animation done by the end of August. But if anyone has any ideas for anything at all, they'd be much appreciated.

thanks in advance! :D

-Andrew

post-7-1090873510.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice looking character and good pose! I might suggest cutting his shoulders down a little, they seem to "bulge" out alot.

You also might want to change his color or the lighting, or even both. :D

Its making it very hard to see his form.

I might suggest cutting his shoulders down a little, they seem to "bulge" out alot.

You also might want to change his color or the lighting, or even both. :D

Its making it very hard to see his form.

Yeah, I think I'll at least do a little more work on the smartskinning of his left shoulder before I animate him.

I actually like the lighting in this picture, but I see what you mean. when I put the staff in his hands I'll put another light source in front of him.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Andrew

Nice character. I think that as a ninja, the body shape should be indistinct/hard to make out.. just like you've done with your example. You could try the "gradient-edge" material ( it's mentioned on the Kapsule thread and one other that escapes me at this time).

This way you could get some pretty interesting LOD (light on dark) effects and could have a very dark ninja material...

Huh, weird, I've never heard of the gradient material thing. I'll have to look at that. Well, in the meantime, here's a new picture of the ninja- he's straightened up a little and I tested out my new "small pupils" pose so tell me how that looks too. Anyway, his shape should be easier to see now. The weird lines are from shadows-not screwy geometry. I tried to soften them, but I couldn't figure out what lights were causing what shadows...

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to rig him with the staff, (if I decide to use it,) I could use the advice. I am still a newbie with rigging. mtpeak, could you maybe draw a quick picture for me to illustrate your idea? :rolleyes:

-Andrew

post-7-1090897367.jpg

Heres a test for the staff. The aim like two didn't work like I wanted, but this is pretty easy to set up. The forearms have kinematic constraints to the side staff bones and the hands have translate to and orient like constraints to the same bones.

Great character loads of personality already. One thought, could you use facial expressions and the pupils to show the good versus evil difference. The "good" ninja could have wide pupils and an open expression while the "evil" would be the opposite. And to the music only one choice "everybody was kung fu fighting HA!" :D