Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A Couple V11.0h Hair tests

Posted these yesterday but they got bumped so I am reposting today...

Some characters we are working on, my friend John Aretekis had A:M for about a year and then sort of gave it up. When I asked what kind of work he had accomplished he said he had modelled some characters, so I asked to see them and they were WONDERFUL! He has this wolf, 3 male fat hiphop piggies and 3 female fat hiphop piggies, all decalled and modelled. So I borrowed them and rigged them and now we are trying to conjure-up a '3 lil pigs/ goldilocks' modern day takeoff.

This is a quick animation test with minimal lip poses for tracking to a clip I nabbed off TV...

In this re-post I am using the clip that rendered overnight WITH reflections. Notice how the floor reflects fine (except it pops) for the character without hair but will NOT reflect for the girl with hair...this is a problem I can't get around and need to know if its just me or is anyone else having trouble with hair in reflections...

BigED.mov

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's another...my 'girlie-girl' in cheerleader form...Pom-Poms and hair all with V11. I had to turn-off collision detection because it was causing cofusion amongst the models, the hair was going everywhere. This was to test action-blending and how hair reacted (very well) and how multiple hair instances work on the same model (short hair on head...long hair on head...and pompom hair) as well as on 3 instances of the model. I rendered this at 30fps at D1 res...looks GREAT!

cheerleaders.mov

Okay---I'm WIGGIN out over these reflections!

I just made a new project, put two spheres into the chor...one sphere WITH hair and one sphere WITHOUT over a reflective floor and rendered. Worked fine. I reopened THIS project and got the same results...no reflections for the chick. It looks fine in a preview (render lock mode shift+Q) but WILL NOT RENDER RIGHT!

I'm going to send this project to Randy Croucher and Noel Pickering but do I send the .mdl files as well? Or does the project file contain all?

Lookin good! Maybe she's a closet vampire? ;)

You should test to see if it's the model/material by trying it in a brand new project with a new mirror material. If you still get the same, send that cut down project to support....with everything embedded of course. But not images. Because you can't :D

Hats off to Randy and Bob and Noel and all the rest of the A:M programmers! I was unable to get reflections to work properly in v11 G and H but now in v I everything seems to be reflecting fine in my test render so far.

That is GREAT tech support! I'm off on vacation for a week(no pewter), can't wait to see what I missed whenst I come back! This is a good note to take off on tho-

fixxed.jpg

Thanks TacoballZ!

I wonder how many hashers see my avatar (Christopher Lloyd) and think I am some kind of mega-nerd. Bucaroo Banzai was a great flik, way ahead of it's time. My favorite line was when Perfect Tommie is leading the cowboy (The dude from 'The Fly') thru Bucaroo's engineering room and he notices a watermellon wedged amidst the machinery and asks 'What that watermelon for?' to which Tommie pauses and replies...'I'll tell you later'--- for some reason THAT just stuck with me for years!

I'm sure it was supposed to be explained in a sequel that never happened...would'nt it be GREAT if they made a sequel?

The wolf was modelled by my friend John Aretekis, a great Hasher whom I am trying to get back into the app. He and I are hoping to start a Detroit area users group...(Detroit Animation:Masters Network aka DAMN) details to come...

ANY DETROIT or Michigan users out there? please contact me...

Oooowwww!!! I like it mate :D I am looking forward to seeing more. Nice to see Hash fix your problem so quick... mind you they ain't fixed mine yet but it was a prob with 10.5...

I love your Avatar too, I didn't realise it was Christopher Llyod I thought it was you :blink: anyway I never saw the flick - did it come out in the UK?