sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pawtucket

Crashing down to the task of revising and finishing "Aesop's Council of Mice," my next short, in a few too-short weeks. This is a high-res pic of Pawtuckett. (The actual short will be produced at 720x480 DV.) Pawtuckett has a kind of yellowish color to most of her fur, and I'm checking to see if that explains the difference in glow color between the acorns and her. I'm just posting this pic because she's the first of the character models I've revised. I need to decide what to do about her thumbs, and a few other trouble spots, before I move on to the other mice. The hair is 10.x decal-controlled hair-

-M@

PawtucketHR.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice image.

Do you actually have a "glow" on the materials or is that just a yellowish light?

It looks like you have a post effect "bloom" set which would accentuate the highlights (whatever color they are). If you look very closely you can see there is also a blueish "glow" on the opposite side of the ear as well. The bloom is expanding those subtle highlights as well.

Do you have a color set for the specular highlights? That would also make it appear yellow in those areas.

I am just guessing.

p.s. I tried to go to one of those "councils" but they wouldn't let me in. I think the exact words were "not for all the cheese in the world".

Vernon "EEEEK! A mouse!" Zehr

I've added a few more high-res still to my site here -- the first four from the top. I'm realizing that I can use color saturation for depth cuing... but I'm afraid that'll have to wait for tomorrow. *yawn*

'night, mouseketeers-

-M@

• 1 month later...

Hey SpaceToast,

I just took a look at the images for this project. They are really amazing! I was just wondering how you have gone about getting this look? You said you were using glows, are you using them on everything? Is it coming out of A:M's renderer this way or are you running it through something else after? Can't wait to see the finished short!

-Alonso