Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

ANOTHER project :)

I keep thinking of all of these ideas of animations and models! I have like 10 projects I have to finish!!!! :lol: Anyways, I thought of an animation I want to make and it involves a diamond...therefore I'm made a diamond. I'm still trying to get the material right but heres a neat pic of the diamonds with different hues. Tell me what you think because I want the diaond to look good. Thanks :)

post-7-1085967178.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey does anyone have any idea how to make a velvety material? :huh: , I tried making a ton of extremely small hairs but it takes like an hour to load...in wireframe. So I'm trying to work around this, and maybe take a pic of velvet and maybe use a bump map? I have no clue...

Thanks guys I think I have what I'm looking for thanks to all of your help... heres the diamond on the velvet pillow. I'm still playing around with the lighting but I just want to see how it looks. I will worry about all of that in the actual animation.

post-7-1086022677.jpg

It looks pretty cool. :D But almost too transparent. Its also kind of hard to see. Try making it less transparent or less reflective. At first it took me a while to recognize the whole shape on the pillow.

Other than that, it rocks (no pun intended :lol: )

Guest mrsl13

Hey I actually have a little input on this one.....I'd have some things aound the diamond for it to reflect (like what ya have to do to get chrome to look like chrome) walls, ceiling or whatever..or has that been mentioned?....looking good though..I too have like 5 projects underway.

Mike

Thanks for the advice! I agree with everything you guys have said, I'm not looking for a still though so maybe it'll be easier to make out the shape in the animation since the lighting will constantly be changing. Thanks again!