Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V11C hair test

I spent wednesday playing around on what you can do with hair, and just barelly getting into it. Selecting the mesh for hair emitter of my model (Erica) from my old V8.5 project. The new hair adds so much life into my model. Its almost like a barbie doll as someone pointed it out. The Hair emitter came with direct manipulation tool, and a comb, and lenghtener tool. I choose 3 point sectional hair, and in hindsight I would of maybe go for 5 for better shaping.

I wanted to basically know how the toon render would be with the hair. For the life of me I had a couple of render that render the hair out to toon, and not really knowing what I did to make that render not render toon for the hair anymore. I would have like to show you both ways. Anyway I did get a toon render of the model with the hair and a realistic render of the hair.

hairtesttoon0jpg.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Looking good Rusc! :)

Since you say you just have started to experiment I guess you probably don't have any animation tests yet... hope that works as well as the stills you've done thus far.

If you find some free time I'd love to see the settings you used.

Okay I tried to use hair spline emitter on few strand of spline. Zandoria was right about holding the shift key down when selecting hair particles for hair spline. After tedious task of selecting 17 spline individually applying hair emitter to each spline. I went about to test the render result. Seem to me the hair spline take longer to render then hair. That is not what concern me at this point. I render it out to realistic with high multipass and seem to be okay. Not as nice as plain hair but easier to style with a little more control.

Toon mode is another story. I had to use toon line but I use %100 percent of underlining color and made the line real small, but if you look close you can still see the line of her skull inside the hair render. you would have to make her skull where the hair is the same color as hair or something.

first I show you the realistic render then toon

splinetest0jpg.jpg

Guest mrsl13

Ive been working with hair in 11c., Im trying to make a horses mane and see how it looks in a gallop....I havent got all the settings down yet and it gets confusing to me cause it looks like there are multiple places to set the same setting ....and I do crash alot..but Ive been experimenting with settings like shadows (in the hair material) and settings under dynamics to isolate whats causeing my crashes when rendering to file, I also get some funky shadowing when dynamics are tuned a certain way..I just dont render with hair shadows on......

I'll get the hang of it sooner or later..I do wish they had the clumpyness setting in 11c it worked well for a horses mane in 10.5r but there was no collision detection in that version for the rest of the model.

Mike

I need some ideas on how to render this out to toon without getting toon line of the skull showing thru. I was using spline guided hair emitter with V11C. V11D does the same thing except the alpha channel for hair is mess up now, so I am sticking with V11C until they can fix it.

splinetesttoonD0jpg.jpg