sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Orc Continued!

Haha! AP tests are done and I can get back to my orc.

I modelled the arms (minus the hands) but I don't think that's worth posting because for the animation I'm planning, they won't really be shown. Anyway, now I'm on to texturing, and I need some criticism. I don't think that I'm really going for REALISM realism, but if anyone has any ideas on how to make it MORE realistic, that'd be awesome. Of course, if you just want to give me encouragement, I suppose that's ok too... :D

But if anyone tells me that he should be green or purple or something, I will personally track them down and hurt them. :)

-Andrew

P.S. Ok, yeah, the image contrast has been touched up a little bit with photoshop- I hope that's alright. I'm just kind of anal about my posts...

post-7-1084773274.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if anyone tells me that he should be green or purple or something, I will personally track them down and hurt them. :)

You're not going for the Barney look? :P JK

Looks good so far, can't wait to see more. I think a little more texture to the skin like you have around the eyes would do some justice. Keep up the good work. :D

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, I tried to give the rest of the face more intestest, if that's what you meant...?

And yeah Doug, I decided to take his teeth down in size. They were too cumbersome and he had trouble brushing them. :lol:

I'm planning on entering this into the mad contest, and the goal is to just have him glare and snarl and growl and roar at the camera. Yeah, I'm not really going for originality on this one... ;)

Anyway, tell me if this new rendering is an improvement!

-Andrew

post-7-1084843058.jpg

Ok. I've got trouble now. I'm going to need to use alphas to fade my other decals into this one and each other. But I'm using a limited edition of photoshop that doesn't have alpha channels. Thanks to heyvern, I learned about the gimp, but how does it work? Can I create a grayscale image on photoshop to correspond to the new decal I have created, and then... make it an alpha channel on the gimp? and how do I apply an alpha channel? Gah! I've never done this before...

Help! I need somebody! :blink:

-Andrew

littleandy - the GIMP seems to do things a bit different or maybe there are other ways of doing it.. Here is what I found out as I was experimenting..

1 - create a new file, make sure you select TRANSPARENT where it says FILL TYPE...

2 - then just draw on that transparent file, then save as a tga format, when loaded into A:M it has an alpha channel..

I have not done complex alphas with the GIMP yet but I thought that would help you..

post-7-1085006659.jpg