Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tightrope!

Well, it's showdown time again, and this time 'round the topic was Walking a Tightrope. Yow!

Here's what I came up with:

http://www.hash.com/users/zachbg/tightrope_sor3.mov

800K, Sorenson 3, 13 seconds.

For those not in the know, the deadline for these showdowns (found at digitalrendering.com's forums, reg. required) is four hours, from finding out the topic to handing in the completed animation. My time spent on this was probably three and a half hours, because I had to pick my son up from nursery school halfway through. I wonder if that's a problem on feature films.

Comments and crits welcome.

As a further interesting point, the modeling of the rope and all the animation (and most of the rendering) was done in the Mac OS X Beta. Trust me, this is a big deal. :D

Zach

edit: wrong URL, fixed it...

Edited by ZachBG

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach -

I watch all (or most) of these when you post them and I must say this one really impresses me! They all do, but you nailed it with this one I think.

Do you get the model provided or do you have a stock of characters that you use?

Someday I hope to be able to do something like this. You just get better and better. Congrats.

Doug

Thank you!

No disrespect, but are you sure you haven't got me mixed up with robcat? I've only done a few of these... :)

This is a generic character that I modeled myself for a different project. He's very low-patch, which is what I needed at the time.

Zach