Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Legend of Pipi

Roger

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

That's cute. Until the king said that was a cat I didn't recognize it as a cat.

I notice they are adding line boil for keep-alive during some holds, but not always .

The drawing style reminds me of "Invader Zim".

I like how they just use a soft focus on outlines (and less saturated color) to suggest distance  rather than a more obvious "depth of field"  lens blur.

image.png

After I wrote that, I noticed this shot where they did use an obvious blur. Why does the "horse" not have outlines when everything else does?
image.png

I'm not sure I got the ending.

Enormous crew! But I didn't see any studio name? Was it a school project somewhere?

I wonder how long it all took.

• *A:M User*
6 hours ago, robcat2075 said:

Maybe it's one of those things where one student gets anointed as the winner and everyone else is assigned to work on it.

Maybe?   I would be interested to know how long this took them, this seems like a rather involved project.   I also saw some credits for CG work, but I'm not sure what they were referring to since I don't recall anything that struck me as being particularly "CG" looking.

• Hash Fellow

Here's a making-of/post-mortem Zoom chat by several of the creators.

I have NOT watched all 1 hour and 45 minutes of it, but it seems to have been a school project and maybe somewhat less than a year elapsed in the production.

One person animated a minute of it, which is an unusually large contribution considering how many other animators are credited.

IMDb has this bit... "Made as a final thesis film at the acclaimed Savannah College of Art & Design".

I have no idea how that works. I presumed thesis projects were primarily one person's work.

• *A:M User*
56 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

IMDb has this bit... "Made as a final thesis film at the acclaimed Savannah College of Art & Design".

I have no idea how that works. I presumed thesis projects were primarily one person's work.

Interesting, that's what I would have thought.  

• Hash Fellow

I notice the mouth of the minotaur also has no outlines and looks like a rigid shape flapping around.

My thumbnail theory is that the no-outine stuff is 3D done as a desperate last-minute fix, but if so... why did that get a more prominent credit than the 2D animators?

Unless the people on that list only did exceedingly tiny things and the real animators are credited earlier as something more than just "animator"?